Sky after rain its the single most beautifull sky in the world. Lights shine through the clouds. Plus, rainbow only came out after rain, no?

travel of a life time

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Its been a while since the last time I went on across country travel with four wheeled vehicle. The reason was simple, motion sickness. So I rather choose quality over quantity, quality of ride (train/plane) over quantity of money. Another reason was, for me at least, doing something unique is everything. So mass travelling with other hundred thousand people on the same road in the same time is quite a waste. Did you do it for the sake of the moment? Good point, lets just change it. The past two years I have been risking a whole lot just to save my ass from motion sickness. Its draining my life literary. So for this year, I decided to go back to old school, four wheeled drive, aside from my minus break off vacation from the company. Thus, this year is really bad time to pick for land travel with car. Mid week holyday, extra project from the office, hell, its really something alright. So, just like others ready for the massacre, I take friday as the start point of travel. With Adi, a relative of mine as driver, we promised to meet up at the gate of highway. I strike a preemptive start as not to get caught on traffic, but ended up waiting longer as consequences. Fine, better than soaking in sweat running to meet the appointment. He said it would take 10 to 12 hours to reach our destination, on normal day that is. Last time he took almost 36 hours on the same route. My back shivers. By distance, thats 3 times further. Lets pray we didnt break that record, I said. Alas, by the time this piece is written, we are six hours away from breaking the record. Truly the travel of a life time. If you ask me, would I go on another session like this, I prefer draining my life saving..
Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.4

0 comments: